Serving U.S. Service Members And Dependents In Central Texas
When service members stationed in Central Texas decide to separate, divorce or manage another family law matter, they are often met with a patchwork of state laws governing everything from the division of property to parental rights. When deployments or changes of station occur, questions concerning jurisdiction often arise, only further complicating an already complex situation.
As a member of the U.S. military, you risk your life to protect the freedoms and rights of people back home. It’s only natural to want to have someone back home who will do the same for you when your rights are on the line.
If you are a U.S. service member or the spouse of a service member stationed at a military base in Central Texas, contact Prater & Ridley Attorneys At Law to discuss your case and protect your rights.
Experience That Meets Your Specific Needs
From offices in Temple, our lawyers provide legal counsel for U.S. service members and dependent spouses stationed at Fort Hood and other installations throughout Central Texas.
Our attorneys’ experience includes representing military personnel in a variety of divorce matters:
- Military retirement: We know the various factors that affect military retirement assets, and we know how military assets are divided during divorce.
- Collection of military retirement: We work with our clients to ensure the necessary steps are taken so retirement benefits can be collected, such as drafting Domestic Relations Orders (DROs).
- Continuation of health insurance: We know how the continuation of health insurance is calculated for civilian spouses, and we can help ensure you receive the coverage you need.
- Children’s issues: When deployments and changes of station come into conflict with custody arrangements, our attorneys are there to secure stay requests and assert a parent’s rights under the Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA).
- Preservation of property: Because of our experience handling high-asset divorces, our attorneys can help protect your complex assets and separate property including the pre-marriage portion of your military retirement.
You Can Expect A High Level Of Service From Prater & Ridley
Don’t put your trust in just any lawyer. Founding partner Carol E. Prater has been a board-certified family law specialist* for more than 46 years. She practices exclusively in the area of Texas family law and has extensive experience working with military personnel and their spouses in divorce proceedings and other family law matters.
At Prater & Ridley Attorneys At Law, we combine experience, resourcefulness and technology to offer our clients sophisticated representation focused on achieving the best possible outcome for every case. We practice with integrity, including responsive communications and setting clear expectations with our clients.
Our fees are competitive and based on transparent billing policies. We accept major credit cards for your convenience.
Let Us Fight For Your Rights
Turn to a family law firm that has successfully resolved numerous complex military divorce cases over the past 40 years. To meet with an attorney from our firm to discuss realistic goals and results, contact our office in Temple by calling 254-773-9081 or using our online contact form.
*Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization